At Cinesite Vancouver, production for the weird and wonderful Addams Family sequel is well under way. As we create this amazing story, we want to start the audition process for the next kooky family members to join our team! We are looking for an Animation TD to join our Animation team.
Our Animation team
At Cinesite Vancouver, the animation department is responsible for character performances that fulfill the needs of any given project. Our team is made up of junior, intermediate, senior artists, leads and supervisors, all of whom play an integral part in production. In Animation, we look for strong character acting abilities and a solid grasp of the physical mechanics of movement. A keen understanding of the principles of animation is essential. As well as working collaboratively as a team, we work closely with the show directors, clients, and the previs and shot finaling departments.
If this all sounds like a role for you, apply!
What you will be doing
- Troubleshoot technical issues and flag workflow inefficiencies
- Support the training of new hires and junior artists on the pipeline and workflows
- Create, modify and document templates for other artists to use
- Work collaboratively with pipeline and other departments for optimization, solving issues and ensuring continuity
- Take direction (creative and technical) from senior team members
- Support others in the team with trouble shooting
- Work with others to improve workflows and efficiency
- Keep leads, supervisors and production updated in a timely manner
- Communicate to all in a respectful manner regardless of level
What you bring to the team
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Foundational Python knowledge
- Efficient time management and strong understanding of resource management
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively within the department and the rest of the studio
- Proficient in Maya
- In depth understanding of 3D animation
- Solid understanding of principles of animation
- In-depth knowledge of anatomy, perspective and composition
- Expert in lip sync, acting, staging and timing
- Excellent eye for detail and continuity
- Excellent at executing complex character performance and /or technically challenging shots and sequences
Cinesite Vancouver welcomes and encourages applications from people who require work accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be requested for reasons including but not limited to mental health, physical disability, religious practices, medical conditions etc. Please let us know if you need any accommodation.
Our studio is built on respect and inclusion – we strive to create a safe place for all to come to work (or to work remotely)