We are seeking a temporary Producer to assist with archival tape research for a new, short-term project.
- Overall assessment of available media to tell the story, broken down by act/beats, highlighting strong sources for content and identifying historic events with scarcer coverage.
- Seek out additional story points of interest and leads on potential subjects through research.
- Provide a comprehensive cost projection of licensing fees and research labor for the program.
- Assess rights limitations and liaise with legal counsel and network Rights & Clearance department.
- Provide creative solutions to rights, cost or media coverage issues
- 4+ years of relevant program development experience.
- Strong editorial skills required.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, or related field of study is preferred.
- Previous experience conducting thoroughly-sourced research required.
- Extensive knowledge of and interest in politics, history, current events and major political figures essential. Experience with international media outlets preferred.
- Requires a creative thinker with excellent organizational skills.