As an intern with the Casting team, you will assist with the day-to-day responsibilities of the busy studio/network casting department.
Disney Television Studios Casting oversees the casting of all pilots and on-air series for Twentieth Century Fox Television, Fox21 & ABC Studios in addition to discovering and fostering relationships with new talent for the studio.
A Day in the Life…
- As an intern with the Casting team, you will assist with the day-to-day responsibilities of the busy studio/network casting department:
- Become a member of a smart, fun, and collaborative team.
- Assist the department in finding up and coming talent.
- Help find new and creative ways to work together with an eye toward quality and efficiency.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and updating show contact sheets and grids
- Update and maintain cast picture lists for specific shows
- Updating cast lists and organizing show binders
- Supporting current assistants with light desk and phone coverage, when needed
- General office and administrative tasks
What we are looking for…
- Proven skills utilizing Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- A high attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- A familiarity with IMDB, Cast It, Zoom, are preferable
- A demonstrated proficiency with both Mac and PC operating systems
- A strong interest in Television and the Entertainment Industry
- Previous casting experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of editing software such as iMovie a plus!
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- This internship is a remote internship. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space. Los Angeles based candidates may have the opportunity to work in-person pending company return-to-office plans.
- The approximate dates of this internship are June through December/January.
- Candidate must be available to work full-time (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship.