We are looking for a 2nd Assistant Editor who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
San Francisco Bay Area
Sep 27, 2022
The 2nd Assistant Editor is responsible for assisting with editorial workload from pre-production through post production, supporting the Editorial team on an Animated Series Production.
What you’ll do
- Have a good working knowledge of all editorial pipeline and EDI tools (digital tools)
- Import and prep dialogue recordings for editors.
- Maintain the in-house editorial database tracking cut lengths according to show status.
- Support post production tracking.
- Output movie files specified by production for various use. For example OAP, ADR, events.
- Transcoding for vendor or client delivery.
- Collaborate and assist the editors with temp sound builds in preparation for milestone exports and screenings.
- Turnover milestone edits to various departments.
- Import story, animation and lighting. Troubleshoot I/O issues.
- Support post localization requests.
- Back-up recording temp dialogue when required.
- Maintain show project within Avid.
- General editorial show support.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelors Degree in Film or related field desired, or equivalent experience.
- Any production or post-production media acquisitions experience (e.g., timecode, logging, capturing).
- 2 year experience in a TV/Feature Editorial Capacity.
- Avid Media Composer experience.
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while working under tight schedules.
- Strong team player with good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Avid Nexis Client Manager (ISIS) software & hardware or equivalent storage knowledge.
- After Effects, Photoshop, Filemaker Pro or database experience a plus.