Crafty Apes is a high-end visual effects boutique with a strong foothold in features and episodic television. We are looking for a 3D Animator with experience in episodic TV and feature film formats. The perfect candidate needs to be a dependable team player with a great attitude and able to make fast turnarounds. This is a 3 month contract to start with the potential of transitioning into a full-time position with benefits. Ideal candidates will ultimately want to relocate to Georgia.
Greater Atlanta Area
May 26, 2021
- Work with the CG Supervisor, VFX Supervisor, Production and Creative Departments to create photo real 3D character, creature and mechanical animation for the assigned show(s).
- Animate using effective storytelling skills through knowledge of camera angles and framing shots.
- Meet all milestones while adhering to the show’s schedules.
- Tackle challenging situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Take direction and effectively communicate with team and management.
- Ensure that all work carried out on the show fits within the company’s pipeline where possible.
- Work overtime and weekends as needed to meet deadlines.
- BA/BS preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a 3D Animator in a visual effects studio.
- Proven experience in an episodic TV and feature production pipeline creating photo real animation.
- Excellent knowledge of Maya software and plug-ins.
- 3ds Max knowledge a bonus.
- Solid key frame animation skills.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physics and human & creature motion.
- Basic rigging knowledge a plus.
- Proactive self-starter and trouble shooter.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, take criticism, and work under high pressure with short deadlines.
- Experience working with Shotgun software preferred.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, and more.