We are looking for a highly talented and motivated Character Animator to join our internal production team.
The Creative Tools team at AWS builds solutions for creative customers who make amazing animated content. We work daily with visual effects and animation legends, empowering these awe-inspiring talents to push the boundaries of storytelling through 2D and 3D animation.
We are looking for a highly talented and motivated Character Animator to join our internal production team. The ideal candidate is a collaborative team player who has a deep love of animation, and is excited to explore the possibilities of utilizing cloud technology to innovate and advance the art of animated film technology.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Create detailed and compelling character and creature animation for narrative storytelling
· Create demo material and tutorials for trade shows and customer events
· Serve as a member of an internal production team, pushing the limits of creating animated content with cloud technologies
· Flexibility in using different animation software on various projects
· Keep up to date on the latest production technology
· Inspire customers through new and innovative techniques
· Work closely with engineering to ensure tools and infrastructure deliver at the highest level for our customers
· 2+ years of animation feature film, visual effects, and/or games experience.
· 4+ years using industry standard tools such as Maya, Houdini, Katana and/or Blender
· Portfolio demonstrating appealing and dynamic moments, unique character choices, physicality, and a variety of animation styles
· Able to take direction and work independently
· Experience working on teams and an excellent collaborator
· Basic proficiency with Python
· Positive attitude and growth mindset
· Enjoys teaching and sharing new workflows and ideas
· Capable of presenting complex solutions in an innovative, compelling, and easy to understand way
· Experience working with engineering or R&D production teams
· Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations