As a 3D Art Generalist, you will effectively collaborate with a wide range of disciplines such as product design, engineers, producers, product managers, and art direction to ideate, improve art pipelines, and build assets to define the future of VR.
Virtual Reality (VR)
Greater Los Angeles Area
May 13, 2022
3D Art Generalist, VR Responsibilities
- Partner closely with the engineering and design teams to define and develop prototypes and polished content in Unity, Unreal, VR Shell, and proprietary VR world-building tools.
- Oversee and manage layout, implementation and optimization of environment and interactive objects (including models, textures and shaders).
- Manage external vendors and provide feedback on externally developed projects.
- Responsible for outlining asset authoring guidelines, process and pipeline as needed.
- Work with engineers and technical artists to inform asset creation pipelines.
- Asset optimization -- topology reduction, draw call reduction, texture baking, etc.
- Work closely with engineers to implement interactive objects and systems.
- Quickly solve issues with your cross-functional peers.
- Collaborate and iterate based on the team's needs.
- Demonstrate broad technical expertise to assist in a wide variety of technical and artistic tasks.
- Demonstrates strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop task lists to ensure assignments are progressing in alignment with schedules, milestones and overall project goals.
- 3+ years of experience in either the game or film industries as a 3D artist.
- Experience communicating in a multi-disciplinary team, including engineers, artists, and designers.
- Experience with one or more commercial game engines (e.g. Unreal or Unity).
- Knowledge of 3D modeling and asset creation packages like Maya, Houdini, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, ZBrush, Knald, Marmoset, Photoshop, etc.
- Time-management and organizational skills.
- Task driven, self-motivated, proactive & works well under deadlines.
- Generalist knowledge in skills such as modeling, texturing, lighting, animation, physics and particle systems.
- Experience to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Professional content development experience, including shipping one or more titles.
- Virtual reality experience.
- Experience creating textures and materials in Substance.
- Look development experience.
- Experience working in a variety of visual styles.
- Experience to locate and resolve content and asset performance bottlenecks through investigation and content optimization.
- Shader development experience.
- Experience in layout and level design.