Cleveland Play House: The Accounting Assistant position will provide support to the Accountant and Finance Department by performing various duties such as, making bank deposits, keeping bank records, assisting in reconciliation, having responsibility for both accounts receivable and payables, and ensuring the company receives payments from our many different types of clients.
Cleveland/Akron, Ohio Area
May 23, 2023
The Accounting Assistant position will provide support to the Accountant and Finance Department by performing various duties such as, making bank deposits, keeping bank records, assisting in reconciliation, having responsibility for both accounts receivable and payables, and ensuring the company receives payments from our many different types of clients. This position will be responsible for tracking invoices, maintaining files, handling petty cash and other general office tasks as needed.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Responsible for Accounts Receivable work including:
- Making daily online banking deposits
- Applying Payments to Open Invoices
- Managing Petty Cash by collaborating with other departments who deal with petty cash
- Creating Invoices in Quickbooks
- Tracking Payments/Pledges
- Making monthly trips to the bank for cash deposits/withdrawls
Responsible for Accounts Payable work including:
- Entering Invoices into Quickbooks
- Documenting new vendors
- Running Checks and paying our bills timely
- Filing Tax Exemptions with City of Cleveland
- Assisting with Department Reconciling
- Managing Vendors Online ensuring our records are up to date
- Inputting Independent Contractors into our Payroll System
- Printing Annual W-2's based on compliance guidelines
- Filing Annual Unclaimed Funds Report
- Performing other administrative tasks such as filing, data entry, and mail processing and routing.
- Assisting our Payroll Specialist with overflow work as needed.
- Assisting the Staff Accountant, Finance Director and other department employees as needed.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Previous Non-Profit experience
● Proficient with QuickBooks Desktop
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
**Employment in this position requires the clear result of a criminal background check, and from time to time during your employment, CPH may require you to obtain a new background check.
Education and Experience:
● At least two years of related experience required.
● Previous experience with QuickBooks Desktop
Work Schedule: Flexible Schedule M-F 8am-4pm /9am-5pm