The role of the Additional Film Editor is to translate rough concepts into edited sequences per the Lead's guidance and Director's vision; using the script, notes, and/or pitch to best depict and enhance a scene.
San Francisco Bay Area
Apr 29, 2022
- Demonstrate solid artistic skills in cutting storyboards and layout together with dialogue, sound effects and music to best craft a scene, often under tight schedules
- Possess a strong understanding of the technical production pipeline, including areas outside of immediate responsibility
- Able to take direction, interpret and execute notes
- Work collaboratively with others; adapt working style to specific needs of Director, Lead and show; Communicate effectively in a variety of settings
- Participate in the training, mentorship and development of the Assistants; partners with the Manager to provide feedback to the Assistants
- Remain flexible and adjust to the shifting demands of production
- Extensive experience in the creative and technical aspects of film editorial and post production, preferably through First Assistant Editor positions in feature films or television
- 5 years experience in a Film Editorial Capacity
- 3 years Editorial experience in Animated Features and/or Long/Short Form series
- Demonstrated experience as an Editor on long form narrative material, including editing storyboards
- Advanced technical knowledge of AVID media composer
- Must be able to work collaboratively with people of different backgrounds and diverse perspectives (in order to maximize all voices being heard)
If selected for interviews, you will be asked to submit a 3-5 minute reel -(ideally, the reel will demonstrate a solid ability in cutting storyboards and one complete scene for continuity). Also, please include a cover letter with your resume.