Grand Canyon University: As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline.
Film + Media Studies
Phoenix, Arizona Area
Mar 07, 2022
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- A candidate with a bachelor’s degree in animation, graphic design, advertising, motion graphics, or an equivalent degree in the visual arts. A Master’s degree and 3 or more years’ experience in the design industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of the 12 Principles of Animation, understanding of graphic design and how it relates to motion graphics, motion graphics trends, motion production pipeline, understanding of typography and its use in motion, manipulation and editing of sound files, story arc, how to understand requirements of a creative brief for motion graphics, basic rigging in After Effects, and logo development including creation and animation are required. Industry-level knowledge of After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, , Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Premiere Rush and Adobe Audition are required. Understanding of file formats and resolution for output to different media is necessary, as are basic rigging in After Effects.
- Job titles that fit the criteria: Motion Graphics Designer, Graphic Designer, Art Director, Creative Director, Video Editor.
- Technical Requirements: GCU does not provide software or hardware outside of the campus classrooms. Candidates are expected to be able to teach on the most current version of the Adobe software products. A portfolio of current work examples is required with the application to teach.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
Any applicable licenses/certifications