WPTV, the E.W. Scripps owned NBC affiliate in sunny West Palm Beach, Florida is looking for an Administrative Assistant to support our News Director and team!
West Palm Beach, Florida Area
Jun 09, 2022
This position performs advanced, diversified and confidential secretarial and administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Prepares advanced business presentation documents and spreadsheets.
- Assists in special projects, performing research and maintaining records.
- Composes correspondence, based on the general knowledge of the manager's view, about administrative matters and general office policies for manager's approval.
- Prepares recurring reports independently for signature.
- Answers the phone, provides information and receives information concerning matters related to the department.
- Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, coordinates related arrangements, and arranges for meeting rooms.
- Anticipates and prepares materials needed by the manager for conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc.
- Prepares and distributes minutes from meetings.
- Establishes and maintains a variety of files and records.
- May be required to take and transcribe dictation.
- In the event of a local hurricane, stays on-site at the station to support the news organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Associates degree or equivalent years of experience preferred
- 5-7 years of experience
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Three to five years related experience and/or equivalent combination of experience and training in the professional discipline of the department.
- Proficiency with various software programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for Windows.
- Above average knowledge of general office practice and business etiquette.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and to work under tight deadlines while providing consistent and professional service.
- Ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
- Good knowledge of business correspondence composition.
- Accurate and efficient typing skills.
- Possess above average interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to maintain good working relationships with all co-workers.
- Possess above average organizational skills including attention to detail and follow through.
- Maintain complete confidentiality, possess a professional demeanor, and exercise discretion at all times.
- Be able to work overtime as needed, often with little notice.
- Standard office environment. Sedentary work. Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.