WXIA is seeking an experienced, dynamic, enterprising anchor to join our team and help the station create a strong legacy of community engagement. The successful candidate is a team player and newsroom leader with excellent interviewing and writing skills, and proven ability to skillfully ad lib in any live situation.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Atlanta Area
Jun 28, 2023
WXIA is seeking an experienced, dynamic, enterprising anchor to join our team and help the station create a strong legacy of community engagement. The successful candidate is a team player and newsroom leader with excellent interviewing and writing skills, and proven ability to skillfully ad lib in any live situation. A central part of this role will be elevating the station’s commitment to outreach and advocacy by cultivating key partnerships that serve WXIA’s dynamic, inclusive, and solutions-based brand.
• Anchor newscasts and report on important local stories affecting the community.
• Generate unique, compelling and innovative story/show ideas and content.
• Skillfully and calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events.
• Ability to communicate stories in conversational manner.
• Excellent, creative presentation and writing skills a must.
• Excellent use of social media for news gathering/disseminating and community engagement.
• Develop and implement overall outreach strategy with objectives and action plans that align with station’s broader vision and help establish key community connections
• Produce short-and-long-form community content/specials for multiple platforms.
• Creatively build and leverage external partnerships to achieve station-wide goals and increase community impact.
• Represent WXIA at community events.
• Produce community-based events and partner with key stakeholders to build activations that support audience growth.
• Perform other tasks as required by management.
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines.
• Ability to take leadership role in newscast production with strong news judgement.
• Journalism or Mass Communication degree preferred with five years of experience as an anchor/reporter in a medium to large market.
• Strong on-camera delivery with the ability to ad lib.
• Excellent writing, packaging, and live skills.
• Must be able to report in a broad range of styles with good on-air presentation skills.
• Strong social media presence.
• Shooting and editing skills a plus
• Prior experience as a people leader with strong leadership qualities and ability to motivate and engage team members on multiple projects.
• Passion for being involved in the community and ability to build new connections.
• Innovative mindset that seeks creative solutions on projects
• Superior communication and project management skills; ability to work under and meet deadlines.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.