The Animation Checker ensures consistent and complete delivery of production material to vendor studios and controls quality to reduce post-production costs.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Nov 07, 2022
Anticipated Start: January 2023
- Overall: check and confirm that all files, media, and information to be shipped are correct, complete and consistent.
- Using Storyboard Pro, review storyboards prior to production for missing or incorrect scene descriptions, character actions, camera moves, effects, and special notes on each panel within each scene.
- Coordinate with Director and Production to include revised storyboard panels from animatic if there is a difference and/or coordinate with Editor to adjust animatic to include any revised storyboard panels after confirming with Director.
- Make sure scene numbers, action notes, camera moves, effects, character names, special notes, hook-ups, and lighting sources are all called out correctly on storyboard and X-sheets, if applicable, and that the storyboards, X-sheets and animatic all match each other.
- Verify that character reactions, expressions and actions are concise and follow standard walk/run cycle sheets, where applicable
- If X-sheets are required, review lip assignment to confirm the correct mouth chart is followed
- Review scene cuts and confirm they match the animatic. Review with Director if scene cuts do not match. Coordinate with Timing Director to adjust scene cuts, if necessary.
- Ensure there are correct camera moves, action, lip sync, character names, abbreviations, hook-ups or effects and correct scene and panel numbers on all X-sheets.
- Create the final route sheet within Insight
- Enter final footage and submit final checked work to Production to ship to vendor studio
- Advanced Mac/PC skills
- Familiarity with Storyboard Pro
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Insight or ability to quickly learn proprietary software
- Traditional 2D, Harmony and CG Animation Pipeline experience or training preferred
- Proven ability to be detail-oriented and highly organized is required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be able to work collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure.
- Must be open to direction and able to embrace change.
Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
Job Location: Burbank, CA