Amazon Imaging is seeking an accomplished on-set Art Director to become one of the key creative voices in our studio in Los Angeles. The ideal candidate must have a solid professional background directing the creation of best-of-class still and motion content.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater Los Angeles Area
Oct 05, 2022
This role requires a keen eye for style, visual composition, and attention to detail, as well as an understanding of trends, customer needs, and technical execution on set. The Art Director must be comfortable working within existing style guide conventions, but also possess a strong individual sense of aesthetics and be able to bring customer-focused and aspirational ideas to the table.
Candidates must provide a strong portfolio which demonstrates brand and customer understanding and excellent art direction and visual design skills. They must also be able to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects at once, without sacrificing quality. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, self-directed and able to thrive in an atmosphere of ambiguity and rapid development, while also fostering an environment of multidisciplinary collaboration, innovation and creative problem-solving.
Key job responsibilities
• Creating the concepts for and art directing photography and video production projects.
• Present design solutions to business partners for concept and layout approval.
• Plan, concept and execute elevated image and video content.
• Filter creative direction from the Creative Director or Senior Art Director to the on-set teams, creating inspirational, contemporary content.
• Building layouts and clear creative briefs for the on-set photo/video team(s) to produce.
• Approving imagery on set and via remote approval.
• Direct and motivate creative teams. Maintain a positive and constructive work environment.
• Working with set designers and builders to transform the studio set to customer’s living space which is inviting and inspiring.
• Always have the customer in mind, utilizing customer insights to build creative treatments that support an inspirational shopping experience.
• Participating in the creation, maintenance and updating of global imaging and video style guides.
• Recommending creative resourcing solutions and overseeing outsourced design and production.
• Working with the Production team to schedule the appropriate talent for assignments.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating visual branding, online marketing, and great user-centered design solutions.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with an agency or creative team.
- Advanced knowledge of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Bachelor's degree in visual design or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience in photo and/or video art direction and managing on set production.
- Experience defining or maintaining a design style guide or branding guidelines.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and the ability to gracefully defend your design decisions to executive management.
- Experience in Home Décor and Lifestyle production.
- Elevated art direction of 3D lifestyle imagery.
- Experience in working with Post Production Video teams for editing, voice over and graphic overlays.
- Experience in on-location production.