Creatively execute the core brand aesthetic to highest level across all MTV and Comedy Central projects, with an understanding of core brand values and style guides of the global brands.
London, United Kingdom
Apr 27, 2023
A key role within the MTVE International Creative department the Art Director will be working closely with the Head of Creative and Director of Production. You will be working across a wide range of projects and platforms including on air promos, key art, integrated marketing campaigns and all aspects of branding.
You will oversee the design team and have knowledge and oversight across all of the branding and design assets the team are creating. You will be responsible for ensuring the MTV and Comedy Central brand aesthetic is considered within all creative executions. Further to that, you will be instrumental in creating and upholding the use of rules and templates that is used in the creation of regular assets. As the Art Director in both brand’s ‘International HQ’ creative team, you will put your skills to creating designs, templates and workflows that will be rolled out internationally and utilised in local teams all over the world.
The role requires significant graphic design experience. In addition to being well versed in motion graphics, you will have experience designing for print, and digital platforms. You will be expected to give feedback on the design team’s work to uphold the high creative standards of the department. Knowledge of art directing key art and OOH creative campaigns is highly desirable. Having a network of great designers and helping to recruit freelancers into the team will be a key aspect of the role.
As a leader in the department, good communication is essential and collaborative and leaderships skills are a must. You will collaborate with creatives and producers and work very closely with the Head of Creative. You may be expected to present to team, marketing and other departments within the business. You must have the confidence to assume the role of resident design expert, and to bring your knowledge and creativity to the department’s output.
You will have good knowledge of advertising, promotion, the social and digital landscape and would be required to approach all projects with the bigger picture in mind. We would like you to be an enthusiast- passionate about design and creative opportunities. Being plugged into design trends and popular culture is a strong bonus. You will demonstrate high a level of creative excellence, ensuring all output is produced to the highest creative standard whilst delivering on time and to budget.
What will you be doing?
- Creatively execute the core brand aesthetic to highest level across all MTV and Comedy Central projects, with an understanding of core brand values and style guides of the global brands.
- Work alongside the Head of Creative on all projects.
- Be an expert on the MTV and Comedy Central brands
- Work to a brief, schedule and budget and collaborate with creative and production partners across all projects.
- Possess the ability to art direct key art whether using bespoke shot content or existing photography.
- Manage external projects with design studios.
- Oversee the creation of international style-guides for show franchises.
- Strong motion design focus and print/design/social design ensuring cut through and stand out content is delivered for these mediums.
- Produce high quality design across a breadth of projects ranging from branding, commercials, promos, print, packaging, and on-screen elements; ensuring all graphics adhere to brand guidelines both locally and internationally.
- Problem solve and contribute creative ideas and vision when it comes to brand workflows.
- Partner with creatives for campaign idea generation and pitching, with the ability to effectively communicate design ideas through storyboards, style frames and mock-ups.
- Work alongside, support and help the creatives to realise design solutions and add coherent design value to projects.
- To recommend new technology software and creative solutions.
- Nurture and motivate junior members of the team.
- Recruit and recommend freelancers where applicable.
- Creating and presenting decks and mood boards to clearly communicate ideas.
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience in all stages of the creative design and production process.
- You will need strong traditional graphic design & motion graphics skills.
- Experience in leading project teams and support junior members of the team.
- Knowledge of and experience with branding for Shows including logos, title sequences and show GFX.
- Extensive design experience across all platforms and marketing mediums with strength in storyboarding, layout, typography, logo design and wealth of print projects.
- A strong visual and creative thinker with an excellent ability to verbally communicate ideas.
- Extensive experience in industry standard software, including but not limited to After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Cinema 4D.
- Strongly committed to collaboration and working as part of the creative team.
- The ability to produce and communicate a consistent stream of fresh, innovative, and original creative ideas.
- To be up to date with the latest design trends and recommend new software.
- Ability to multi-task and working tight timelines and schedules.
- Strong organisational skills will ability to prioritise workload.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Post Production techniques and formats.
- Knowledge of linear TV workflows, OSX and presentation is a bonus.