As an Artist (Video) you will be responsible for creating industry-leading trailers and supporting video media content produced by Marketing Creative for the Call of Duty franchise.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Apr 07, 2022
You will contribute in multiple areas of production from start to finish, including game capture, editorial, post-FX, and finishing, both creating your own assets and supporting other Artists and Senior Artists. This position reports into the Creative Team Lead (Video).
- Capable of following and ideating on creative briefs for video production in the following areas:
- Create trailers and supporting media content for our IPs from scratch using a combination of gameplay capture, sound design, and music. This can include short-form social content up to long-form trailers.
- Work with Leads and ACDs to develop shot lists, storyboards, and outlines as needed.
- Direct and capture gameplay with knowledge of shot composition, blocking, and camera workflows (depth of field, aperture, focus, lenses).
- Working with and troubleshooting game development builds to manipulate camera tools to achieve cinematic gameplay capture.
- Capable of creative ideation with knowledge of trailer editing techniques, including music editing and sound design at a high-quality.
- Applying post-effects to footage including camera-shake, transitions, color correction, or any other supporting software or plugins.
- Extensive knowledge in post-production workflows, including cutdowns, versioning, video codecs and delivery formats, transcoding, and media management.
- Work with and support other editors and capture artists in a collaborative environment.
- Proficient in editing with Adobe Premiere CC, with supporting knowledge in After Effects, Photoshop, and other relevant editorial software and plugins.
- Experience in gameplay capture or videography/cinematography.
- Ability to work under tight timelines and adapt creative when scope is adjusted with a solutions-oriented mindset and composure.
- Passion and understanding of gaming, with a foundational knowledge of the first-person genre.
- Prioritize asks and multitask effectively when needed during complex project.
- Thick skinned, good listener and able to give and take constructive criticism
- A portfolio or demo reel showcasing editorial work.
- 1-2 years of experience in the video game industry working on equivalent forms of assets.
- College degree in the requisite field or equivalent experience preferred.