Univision is looking for a dynamic and creative Assignment Desk Editor/Producer to join our growing team. Who will work closely with Producers, Reporters and Photographers; be responsible for planning, preparing, and executing the news gathering functions, including newsroom assignments, coordination logistics, and monitoring news wires.
Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
The successful candidate will have skills in broadcast/media management.
- Gather information and distribute it to the Reporters, Photographers and the News Team.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, strong communications skills, the capacity to work well with people under pressure, keep up with current events, be social media savvy and have a developed news judgment to be able to determine what the daily coverage is going to be and must be an excellent multi-tasker.
- Candidate will participate in editorial meetings and will contribute with story ideas during the production process of the news.
- Will also receive and send video feeds to other stations and will coordinate live news set-ups.
- Must be a team player with solid news judgment and be a proactive problem solver.
- Ability to work all shifts (Morning, evening, weekends and holidays)
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 years of college education or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ newsroom work experience. Some experience as television news Assignments Desk.
- Must be English proficient (read, write, speak) and fluent in Spanish with superior written/spoken skills
- Must poses high ethical and journalistic standards
- Detail oriented with ability to work with tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to take feedback/criticism and improve upon skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, television broadcasting or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of iNews and Adobe Premiere programs.
Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States