The FX Original Programming department is seeking an Assistant to provide administrative support to two VPs of Development. This position is also responsible for evaluating material, tracking submissions, and coordinating and disseminating information and materials pertaining to FX development projects.
Greater Los Angeles Area
- Answers phones, manages calendar, schedules meetings and conference calls, makes travel arrangements, handles expense reports, and performs various other administrative tasks.
- Evaluates and tracks submissions, reads drafts of projects in development, manages delivery of incoming scripts and cuts, and tracks shooting schedules.
- Manages communication between the Production and Development departments, studios and production.
- Coordinates and distributes materials pertaining to development projects to other FX and Disney departments, our productions and studio partners.
- Communicates with other departments regarding their needs and ensures they have the materials that they need to take care of their responsibility to the network.
- 1 + years previous administrative experience required, experience at an entertainment or media company preferred
- Avid TV watcher with a strong interest in series development, who wants to grow with the FX suite of networks
- Must be a highly organized, task-oriented person, able to manage and disseminate a high volume of information and material punctually, properly and confidentially in a fast-paced, busy office environment
- Must be able to evaluate material and think analytically in relation to projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Must have strong skills utilizing Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Four-year college degree required, preferably in film, broadcast, journalism, communications, English or business or equivalent work experience