WXIA/WATL-TV in Atlanta is looking for a candidate for a full-time Assistant Director candidate. This position requires full knowledge of the television studio, which includes, but isn't limited to, lighting, floor directing, operating the teleprompter, robotics, and shading cameras.
Greater Atlanta Area
This person will be working in the studio and in the control room to assist Directors with coding shows and double-checking codes during newscasts and breaking news. This candidate will fill in for main directors when they are sick or on vacation. Directors will work with the assistant director to help coach candidate into a possible role of main Director in the future.
- Assist in directing newscasts and pre production
- Assist in studio as needed
- Fill in for show director when necessary
- 4 year college degree
- 1-2 years of directing experience
- Automation experience preferred
- Must be able to work mornings, nights, weekends, and/or holidays
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.