The Assistant Director of Marketing and Fan Engagement will leverage traditional promotional and grassroots marketing efforts for assigned sports and ancillary projects, with goals set to increase event attendance, generate revenue, and enhance brand expansion for University of Washington athletic programs.
Live Event / On Location Services
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater Seattle Area
Nov 02, 2023
The Assistant Director of Marketing and Fan Engagement will leverage traditional promotional and grassroots marketing efforts for assigned sports and ancillary projects, with goals set to increase event attendance, generate revenue, and enhance brand expansion for University of Washington athletic programs. This position is designed as a step of growth for an individual with base-level industry experience, and reports to the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing.
- Lead Marketing promotional planning and event presentation oversight for assigned sports.
- Set promotional theme days, schedule and maintain team outreach opportunities, and coordinate Sundodger Creative media days.
- Attend all Sport Support Team meetings for assigned sports and lead all marketing touchpoints therein.
Brand Expansion and Outreach
- Lead all planning, organization, and expansion of assigned athletics outreach programs as assigned by the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing, Game Presentation and Fan Experience. Serve as liaison to community groups, coordinating UW marketing appearances at non-athletic events. Set revenue and event goals and regularly track progress toward goals.
- Manage and direct the Marketing Assistant / Fan Outreach position plus any student interns, with a focus on community event scheduling and promotional marketing efforts for assigned sports.
- Brainstorm and recommend promotional messaging to communicate information regarding upcoming special events and outreach opportunities, in conjunction with the Assistant Athletic Director for Revenue Generation, Email Marketing Coordinator, and digital strategy and creative staff. Identify target audiences for each promotion and align outreach efforts befitting such audience, in collaboration with Conference sales staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or a related field.
- A minimum of two to three years of combined professional experience in marketing, live event production, or community outreach.
- Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Have an ever-evolving understanding of the industry and a creative mindset towards promoting events and growing revenue.
- Highly motivated, creative, self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong leader and mentor, especially to college students.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule; evenings and weekends are required.
- Adobe Creative Suite knowledge, creative media experience, and strong organizational skills are a plus.
Salary: $5,584 - $5,834 per month