Support Supervising Editor on their respective comics.
Greater New York City Area
Jan 26, 2023
- Support Supervising Editor on their respective comics.
- These responsibilities include:
- Report to Senior/Executive Editor on all aspects of comic production.
- This includes:
- Proofread manuscripts
- Maintain communication with artists and writers and provide feedback on story and art
- Set deadlines for talent
- Traffic materials
- Coordinate with Production, Manufacturing and other departments to ship the comic
- Coordinate with senior editorial staff to ensure that character and content developments are planned and shared with the entire staff
- Assist Supervising Editor to develop new series ideas and initiate projects
- Various writing responsibilities (solicitation text, letters columns, ad copy)
- Gather reference materials for freelancers
- Direct Management of comics series. These responsibilities include all of the above, plus:
- Coordinate between Supervising Editor, marketing, sales, and senior management to create comics aimed at specific target demographics
- Track/organize/schedule/traffic comics
- Maintain editorial policy and style
- Provide final sign-off and approval on all vouchers and payments for work for respective titles
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Practiced documentation skills
- Experience managing style and method of standards for creative products
- Basic computer skills
- BA in Journalism, English, Writing, Dramaturgy or related field
The hiring range for this position in New York is $40,000 to $60,000 per year.