The duties of the Assistant Feature Animation Editor are to assist the other editors in the full scope of the editing process for the film, from Animatic through Animation; import and assembly, to final mastering.
Greater Los Angeles Area
May 12, 2022
- The duties of the Assistant Feature Animation Editor are to assist the other editors in the full scope of the editing process for the film, from Animatic through Animation; import and assembly, to final mastering.
- This role will work with the other members of the editorial team (Leads and Associates) and assist them in their work as necessary. Duties include receiving, organizing and importing picture and sound materials, building and editing the Animatic.
- Someone in this position will be responsible for cutting in all manner of library sound effects and temp music cues on their own as well as under the direction of the film’s creative directors and producers. The Assistant Feature Animation Editor will also record scratch lines and lay them into sync.
- Through Animation Production, the Assistant Editor will over-cut and adjust picture as it progresses until all final picture renders are cut in and approved for final mastering and delivery.
- This person should be highly organized and have an encyclopedic knowledge of the editing system being used for Animatics through Animation and Delivery: Avid.
- The Assistant Feature Animation Editor must be able to quickly and effectively render editorial requests while keeping schedules and deadlines in mind.
- Extensive feature editorial process knowledge and experience in Avid required.
- Shotgun/Shotgrid and Storyboard Pro knowledge a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Film Production, related field, or equivalent work experience.