KLAS 8NewsNow is currently recruiting for a Production Assistant, I. This is a part time position.
Las Vegas, Nevada Area
Jun 28, 2022
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support production staff with the coordination, creation, scheduling and distribution of all news marketing projects.
- Assist with general duties including screening tapes, finding still images, etc.
- Research and disseminate ideas for project-related news topics and elements.
- Screen, log, transcribe and clip footage for projects; organize element reels.
- Log and archive video and associated data for future use.
- This shift will have consistent hours but will require the flexibility to be on call for additional hours as needed by the business.
Requirements & Skills:
- Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production, and engineering staff.
- Detail oriented; excellent communication and organization skills.
- Experience with Jimmy Jib, non-linear editing a plus.
- Familiarity with processes and procedures of a television production department.
- Basic computer knowledge including MS Office.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds over their head.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The News Production Assistant must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the News Production Assistant must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.