KXMB has a great opportunity to get started in broadcasting or just try something refreshing in a unique industry!
No broadcast experience needed!
We are willing to train and invest in the right individual. The Production Assistant is responsible for various television production duties required to produce content for live and recorded broadcasts. Position starts out on operating cameras during casts, and then moves on to learn various control room duties.
- Primarily seeking somebody to work evenings.
- Typically shifts are 4:15 pm to 10:45 pm. (long lunch from 7 pm to 9pm)
- Will have to work most weekends. (but feel free to sleep in)
- Competitive part time wage.
Typically these positions work well for students (even high school) and somebody looking for a second job. Position will average around 15 hours a week and can occasionally pick up extra shifts.
- Composes and frames camera shots, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors
- Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the director
- Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts
- Operates remote cameras during live broadcasts
- Confers with directors and other crew members to discuss sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements
- Sets up cameras and related equipment
- Tests, cleans, maintains and repairs camera equipment
- Produces graphics for newscast
- Creates graphics for the newscast
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.