KENS5 in San Antonio is looking for an outstanding leader. The role of Assistant News Director will be filled by a passionate, experienced journalist who’s great at managing people and growing talent.
San Antonio, Texas Area
Mar 15, 2022
This person will be driven to provide the very best news coverage possible across all platforms on a daily basis, making sure our content reflects the diverse communities we represent.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include leading day-to-day editorial effort, coaching content creators across all platforms, reviewing scripts, ethical decision making and scheduling.
Other responsibilities including overseeing on-air execution of newscasts, recruiting journalists, directing newsroom operations, reviewing newscasts daily to ensure quality control and brand execution, working with the news director and other managers to establish and achieve newsroom goals.
The successful candidate will have strong organizational and communication skills, ability to perform under pressure, ability to plan and execute breaking news and weather coverage.
- At least 4-years news management experience
- Strong editorial judgement
- Ability to hit goals under pressure
- At least 7-years newsroom experience
- Knowledge of tv production
- Great communicator
- Ability to lead a diverse team
- Ability to use enps, when2work, Microsoft teams.
- Knowledge of social media platforms