The UCAN Film Post Production department seeks a Post Production Assistant to join our fast paced, deeply experienced and highly aligned team as we continue to make some of the best films in Hollywood.
The Post Production Assistant will work in concert with and support our Post Production Managers and Coordinators across our film post team.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and communication.
Specific responsibilities likely to include:
Film Post Team Support
- Work across Studio, Independent and Documentary film post teams
- Coordinate large team meetings for Film Post with our Cross Functional partners
- Agenda Management and Note Taking at all team meetings
- Film Team Documentation upkeep in Google Drive + Netflix Tool Management & Auditing
- Book department travel for Offsites
- Organize and schedule Team building exercises & activities
- Drive Management & Inventory tracking
Film Screening Scheduling
- Tracking and Scheduling Screenings for Editorial Consultants
- Management of Team Screening Room schedule
Show Specific Related Tasks
- PIX New Hire Request Form Tracking and Onboarding for Netflix New Hires
- PIX and Aspera Archival Tracking
- Asset management and tracking (such as Drives, OLEDs, etc) for shows upon wrap and repurposing onto other film projects
- As needed, support Manager & Coordinator teams at Preview screenings
- Kickoff + Wrap Dinner Planning and Management
- 2+ Years as an assistant, preferably with entertainment experience specifically on a Post Production team.
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment assisting on several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery).
- Proficiency in Google Mail, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides
- Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters and be discrete in maintaining confidential information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask
- Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current post process