Hulu’s Marketing Operations team is seeking an Assistant Editor who will be an outstanding addition to our Branded Entertainment team.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Feb 18, 2022
This role will be responsible for editing the advertisements and co-branded marketing assets for our client campaigns, re-crafting approved assets to build a series of slates & tagged promos utilizing both client assets as well as footage from Hulu Originals & Cultural Tentpoles
- Edit, repackage, version and master videos for on-channel distribution.
- Build multiple versions of assets for delivery per client requests.
- Act as the final quality control check to ensure that all deliveries meet Hulu and client brand standards.
- Maintain accurate cue sheets.
- Collaborate with external post-production vendors.
- Working independently or in collaboration, responsibilities may include ingesting footage, script review, brainstorming, string out edits, editing, graphics assembly, music searches, light sound design, on lining, and final video file delivery in multiple formats.
- Deliver promotional materials that are: creative, engaging, effective, and on-brand.
- Projects include all forms of marketing materials, including episodic promotions; program launch promotions; acquired & original movie promotion; network marketing & ad sales projects; custom shot video for advertising partners.
- Supports senior editorial staff with keep file maintenance, workspace maintenance, logging footage, assembly of episodes and assembling rough cuts of promotional materials.
- Responsible for maintaining a strong working relationship with motion graphics & design staff, operations & scheduling personnel, and fellow editorial staff within Hulu.
- Accountable for efficient project management, including the archiving of footage, string outs, spots, campaigns and related elements.
- 2+ years proven experience in post-production operations and editing.
- Understanding of the workflow within a marketing, production, or creative department or company.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite, specifically Premiere CC.
- Comfortable working with multiple video codecs, formats, timecode bases, and frame sizes across broadcast, streaming, and social videos, as well as knowledge of the latest technologies in video and digital media.
- Basic understanding of network television promotions and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to resolve technical issues that may arise.
- Strong organizational skills adaptable to changing needs and priorities.
- Knowledge of After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience with basic sound mixing.
- Experience with working within Digital Asset Management Systems, and archival processes.
- Experience with collaboration and project management tools such as JIRA, AirTable, Slack, or similar.