Chewy is seeking an experienced Assistant Videographer to join our in-house creative production studio based in Dania Beach, FL.
Our In-house Video Studio is looking for an exceptional hands-on Assistant videographer to support our Chewy Studios Video Department and be able to quickly adapt to unique production situations that support our e-commerce studio.
The ideal candidate will be engaged and have a passion for our industry as well as a desire to create with a talented team of passionate videographers, stylists, post-production team members and PETS! You can communicate with the post department and creative partners with clarity and conviction. You are expected to have experience in all areas of video creation: multi camera production, lighting design, equipment organization, basic video equipment repair and video production process.
*This role requires excellent communication between you and the videographer as well as the other departments involved.
Our mentality is to produce high-quality content quickly without sacrificing production value and you will act as the bridge that helps bring that together.
What You'll Do:
• Work with the Videographer to create high-quality content
• Collaborate with the Art Director and Cinematographer on the look and style of each production
• Set up camera and equipment for each project
• Create camera reports for each project
• Organize and maintain equipment using our internal equipment management software.
• Break down and organize gear and cameras after every project
• Work closely with the postproduction team to deliver and organize captured footage.
• Run slate for videographer
• Become efficient with equipment inventory and purchase process
• Identify training programs for new lighting and camera operations for personal growth
• Collaborate with DFW video team regarding process and best practice
What You'll Need:
• 2+ years of experience with either an e-commerce focused photo and video studio, production
company or creative agency
• 1+ years of experience of collaborating with a medium staff of videographers, stylists, and production assistants as well as freelancers
• Be immersed and knowledgeable in current trends of videography, production gear, and editing
• Complete knowledge of DSLR video production; *high-end camera knowledge with RED is a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, utilize resources, identify and address problems and meet deadlines
• Proficiency with software applications used in a creative studio such as Adobe Creative Suite, Office360 and Google Apps
• Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, positive and innovative thinker
• Highly motivated and a high level of initiative; ability to work independently, in support of Marketing’s creative goals and Chewy’s business objectives
• Ability and desire to work in an environment with all pet types