MSNBC is looking for a junior Booking Producer for The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell. This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
MSNBC is looking for a junior Booking Producer for The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell.
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
As an Associate Booking Producer, you will work on the MSNBC primetime show “The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell” where you will support the guest booking team for this nightly program. Prior booking experience is not required; prior television experience is helpful but not essential. We are very interested in candidates who have previously worked on Capitol Hill.
- The candidate must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Support the booking team on all travel logistics for the guests. Greeting guests at the studio, arranging transportation for guests. Coordinating guest arrivals and communicate with the control room and studio. Will be responsible for booking studios and remote locations. Working with the tech manager on setting up daily ZOOMs & Skypes.
- Support the booking team in securing guests on the nightly show, managing short-term and long-term bookings.
- Assist in conducting pre-interviews and researching background on guests.
- Arrange phone interviews for broadcasts during live, breaking news coverage.
- Begin to develop skills in pitching guest ideas.
- The ideal candidate is well organized, proactive, resourceful and able to interact with people with ease.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of experience working in production, television or communications.
- MS Office proficient: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Must be a team player, willing to work overtime hours on breaking news.
- Sound journalistic judgment and strong writing skills.
- A passionate interest in politics, the workings of government and current events is helpful for this job.
- Previous journalism experience (professional or student journalism).
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events.
- Daily reader of the news, awareness of newsletters, podcasts and new forms of media.
- Strong knowledge of all social media platforms.
- We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a team environment but can also be self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to prioritize your work so you can handle many projects simultaneously under tight deadline.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure and meet multiple daily deadlines. Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Ideal if you have research skills and versed in Lexis and Accurint.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
Salary range: $65,000-$75,000