Disney Streaming is a place where we look to build something new and exciting together. We are looking for an Associate Motion Designer who will be responsible for creating, producing, and maintaining cutting-edge visuals with a focus on social and digital marketing placements.
Greater New York City Area
Feb 09, 2022
As an Associate Motion Designer, you will report to the Motion Design Lead and will collaborate with the creative, marketing, and brand teams to produce the highest quality content possible. This position is for candidates who are hungry to tell a visual story and constantly learning and evolving visually with a passion for motion design trends.
If you are excited about joining a multi-disciplinary team, pushing the boundaries of sports and entertainment content and technology in a fast-paced consumer-driven marketing environment, we want to hear from you. Along with your application, please submit a portfolio with a demo reel to your published work.
- Understand best practices for short-form content on social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Tik Tok, and Twitter
- Design loop animations and long-form social media posts
- Convert static keyart into engaging motion assets
- Work alongside creative colleagues and stakeholders to interpret briefs and create the best work
- Utility video editing (tagging, versioning, resizing for social media, delivery)
- 2+ years professional Marketing / Communications experience either in content publishing, in-house or at an agency
- A solid reel with a strong sense of typography, logos and text animation, GIFs, interactive illustrations, and style frames
- Demonstrate well-executed designs in motion for social platforms
- Competency in After Effects and a basic understanding of a diverse range of motion design software, plugins, techniques, and approach
- Junior to mid-level understanding of video editing and exporting to different formats using Adobe Premiere
- Eager to learn and provide design solutions based on design lead feedback
- Experience in working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with a can-do attitude
- A portfolio demonstrates a strong sense of typography, logos and text animation, motion graphics, GIFs, and interactive illustrations
- Commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate across teams and turn marketing goals into action
- BONUS: Understanding of Cinema 4D and Redshift rendering
- Only candidates with portfolios, or examples of their work, will be considered
BA/BFA in advertising, fine art, design or relevant field;
MA/MFA will be considered an asset