60 Minutes is seeking an Associate Producer with excellent research and reporting skills to work in support of a producer / correspondent team on the broadcast.
Greater New York City Area, Washington D.C. Metro Area
Jul 13, 2022
The ideal candidate must have strong editorial judgment, good knowledge of news and current events, and a keen attention to detail. They should be creative, collaborative, enterprising, and have a track record of working on in-depth, complex investigations. The position is based in New York or DC.
- Working with the producer to pitch and develop stories
- Participating in all aspects of editorial research and pre-production, including reporting stories, assembling research materials, finding interview subjects, conducting pre-interviews and assisting in writing interview questions
- Setting up shoots and interviews, including coordinating travel, logistics and schedules
- Researching, reviewing, and helping clear all archival and third-party material
- Assisting in the scripting process, as directed and when needed
- Fact-checking throughout the process; preparing a footnoted and checked final script before broadcast
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- Extensive journalism experience, including primary source reporting
- Ability to multi-task and work under deadline
- Willingness to travel, sometimes on weekends and/or extended periods of time
- Familiarity with public and private records databases, such as LexisNexis and Pacer