The Associate Producer supports the production of content for CNN’s audio department. The role will assist with the editorial and technical production of CNN Audio’s podcasts, including daily news briefings, weekly shows, and limited series.
Audio / Music / Sound
Washington D.C. Metro Area, Greater New York City Area
Jul 19, 2023
The Associate Producer supports the production of content for CNN’s audio department. The role will assist with the editorial and technical production of CNN Audio’s podcasts, including daily news briefings, weekly shows, and limited series. You will produce and fact-check content to align with CNN’s editorial standards. This role reports to a CNN Audio Senior Producer.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Take direction from the audio unit’s Senior Producers to develop and produce podcast episodes as assigned for various shows.
- Work closely with producers and hosts to develop ideas for episodes.
- Edit podcast episodes and news briefs in Pro Tools, Audition, or Descript.
- Pre-interview guests and handle all booking logistics.
- Prepare editorial research and materials for interviews.
- Manage remote and in-person recordings.
- Collaborate with hosts and producers on episode outlines and participate in scripting.
- Fact-check scripts and ensure that all episodes meet the content, quality, and journalistic and legal standards of CNN.
- Draft social promotion language for episodes you produce.
- Share pitches and ideas for future episodes and shows.
Qualifications & Experience…
- 2+ years of editorial experience, with a strong audio background.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work with agility in rapidly changing environment.
- Passion for news, politics, history, and popular culture.
- Strong collaboration, communication, excellent teamwork, and team-building skills.
- Ability to thrive under pressure with diverse staff and talent.
- Flexibility with operating in a 24/7 environment.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $53,144.00 - $98,696.00 salary per year.