The Associate Producer works with all units within CourtTV to create content for broadcast and digital deliveries.
Greater Atlanta Area
Jun 20, 2023
The Associate Producer works with all units within CourtTV to create content for broadcast and digital deliveries. This includes Show and Field Producers, Craft Editors, Assignment Desk, and more. Have an unrivaled passion for true crime stories and a strong interest in trial coverage.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Watch live courtroom proceedings, be able to identify the speakers and accurately summarize the testimony and arguments.
- Acquire, edit and distribute elements for broadcast and digital platforms.
- Edit video elements, sound bites, packages, graphics and other network needs while maintaining the network brand, many times under tight deadlines.
- Work with show teams to write and edit content unique to their needs.
- Proactively participate in creative brainstorming sessions to generate highly creative, unexpected and breakout ideas
- Work with craft editors with post-production, organization, and acquiring media.
- Work with field producers and correspondents either on location or from the CourtTV offices.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Knowledgeable with Premiere Pro or equivalent editing applications. Adobe After Effects and Photoshop skills are a plus.
- Proven time-management skills.
- Must be team oriented, able to take direction from producers and editors, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations, including breaking news.
- Must be flexible and able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
- Write clearly for broadcast and digital platforms.
- Some field producing experience is preferred.
- Demonstrate research skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 1-3 years of experience in TV/news/digital production.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred.