Produce digital-only content, including videos and written articles, for Dateline’s existing digital series, such as Missing in America and Cold Case Spotlight.
Greater New York City Area
Jul 11, 2023
- Produce digital content that accompanies the broadcast
- Produce digital-only content, including videos and written articles, for Dateline’s existing digital series, such as Missing in America and Cold Case Spotlight
- Pitch standalone content to Digital team to help widen Dateline’s digital footprint
- Occasionally write breaking news articles for NBCNews.com that fall under Dateline’s subject matter
- Build audience and grow engagement by creating socially-savvy content for Dateline’s social media accounts, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok.
- Learn and execute Dateline’s voice seamlessly across all social platforms
- Live tweet episodes with followers from the Dateline account
- Work with story teams and correspondents to drive audience from social platforms to the broadcast
- Collaborate with sales, analytics, marketing, product and press teams to optimize Dateline campaigns and content on social platforms
- Input metadata for upcoming broadcasts
- Cut and archive digital library of Dateline full episodes and keep running list of aired episodes and content restrictions.
- Create weekly newsletter previewing broadcast and other Dateline-related content.
- Assist in planning Dateline events and planning/executing social media coverage of those events
This is a 40hr/week PEP freelance position.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to research and interview multiple subjects and write articles under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of CMS systems
- Experience working with podcasts: promotion, editing, etc.
- Knowledge of Avid, WildMoka and MPX systems
- Interest in criminal justice/legal system
- Video editing experience a plus
This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of 3 days per week.
Salary range: $65,000-80,000