CBS News station in Dallas-Fort Worth has several immediate openings for a dynamic hardworking Associate Producer/ Writer-Editor.
Our new initiative has created a local news innovation lab home of a curated team to experiment with next-generation storytelling, data journalism, new product testing, workflows, and production models for the future. We seek a highly competitive news professional that thrives creatively, can identify smart relevant breaking news, presents strong multi-platform writing skills, excellent news judgment, and proven advanced storytelling while maintaining the utmost professionalism.
Come build your talents with us. Be part of our exciting new innovation launch and join our amazing team located in Fort Worth!
- Writing stories for on air, online and social platforms
- Create Impactful headlines and teases for the broadcast
- Craft show rundowns that meet the station mission for memorable, original content
- Create easy to understand graphics and identify all production elements required to produce a newscast
- Must independently work, be a self-starter, and have excellent communication skills
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certification Requirements:
- 1 to 2 years of experience in writing for a television news outlet in a medium or large market preferred
- Bachelor’s or technical degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred
- Must be driven, innovative, self-directed and independently work while meeting critical deadlines.
- Willing to work a flexible work schedule.
- Willing to work a varied work schedule.
This position is based in Fort Worth working together with other CBS Stations.