The Associate Producer is responsible for collaborating with show producers to create content for all broadcasts.
The Associate Producer will work to produce live and taped segments, curate and edit video as well as produce digital-related content for TV and OTT properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Experienced video editor on Adobe Premier
- Edit standard newscast elements: voiceovers, soundbites, packages and segments
- Produce live and taped segments from concept to completion
- Identify, research and locate video clips from current and archival sources
- Curate and clear content from social media platforms
- Contribute to social media content for brand and on-air talent profiles
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in communications or related subject preferred
- 2 years newsroom experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate multiple tasks and able to react to spontaneous changes in priorities.
- Excellent collaborative skills and ability to work well on a teams
- Strong non-linear editing skills preferred
- Strong knowledge of multi-platform production techniques and language
- Ability to enterprise story ideas and work on segments from conception to completion
- Ability to work as a self-starter with minimum supervision
- Excellent Written/Verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment without sacrificing accuracy and attention to detail