WESH 2/CW 18, the Hearst owned NBC affiliate in the Orlando market, has an opening for a highly skilled, ambitious, hardworking Part-Time Associate Producer to work in our newsroom. The qualified candidate will assist producers in all aspects of producing a newscast.
Orlando, Florida Area
Feb 17, 2022
This will include writing stories, creating graphics, researching information and using video. Associate Producers also assist in making phone calls to gather information about stories. In addition to writing for our broadcasts, our Associate Producers are also assigned to write/post stories daily to our digital and social media sites. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and writing skills. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to get his or her foot in the door and get started in a career in journalism.
- Researching and writing stories for our newscasts and digital platforms
- Assist producers and reporters with research
- Communicate effectively with assignment editors, producers, reporters, photographers, editors, production staff and news managers
- Understand social media and be able to produce content on our digital platforms.
- Making follow up calls and beat calls
- Operate the Teleprompter
- In-person attendance is required
- Familiarity with social media.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work on deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of ENPS are pluses.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with an emphasis in communications or journalism or equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) preferred.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered