Miami, FL Univision Local Media in Miami is seeking a full time Associate Producer to work closely and effectively with the producer, assisting in preparing Newscasts while having the capability to replace producer during absences.
Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
Dec 19, 2021
Will also work closely with assignment desk editors, digital producers, and reporters, verify quality control for videos, supers and graphic; and support our multi-media efforts by creating/sharing content in our digital platforms
- Writing voice overs and anchor intros.
- Edit scripts in Spanish.
- Writing, correcting and supervising supers.
- Create graphics and supervise art department’s graphic designs.
- Assist Director and Producer with trouble shooting in the control room.
- Determine potential guests and book them for recordings.
- Write copy for web page, distribute content and send push notifications through digital platforms
- Support the Assignment Desk operation as needed.
- Operate teleprompter as needed.
- Other tasks assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bilingual - fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Knowledge of basic newsroom operation systems (INews, VizRT).
- Must possess a thorough understanding of how to build and operate within the News Rundown using the INews system.
- Excellent and grammatically accurate Spanish language skills – both written and oral - required.
- Ability to time VOs, SOTs and packages.
- High regard for details
- Creative approach to writing and news shows building
- Ability to prioritize, self-start and meet deadlines
- Thrive under pressure, meeting tight deadlines
Desired Skills & Experience
- A college degree in Journalism, Radio/Television or related field from accredited University preferred.
- 2 or more years working in a TV news environment preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of local current affairs and movers and shakers in South Florida, preferred.
- Knowledge on systems and software to generate, upload, distribute and promote content in social media and digital platforms is a plus
- Must be willing to work from office in Miami, FL
- Employment will be verified
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis