The Associate Producer/Editor supports the editing of video content for the businesses including on-air promotion, trailers, EPK and behind-the-scenes vignettes, sales reels, co-branded vignettes, radio advertising, etc.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jan 26, 2022
The Assistant Preditor will work closely with adjacent teams to ensure a smooth and productive workflow while maintaining a high productivity and high creative & technical standards in accordance Sony Pictures Entertainment standards. This position reports to the VP of the department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with the Writer/Producers, other Preditors to deliver finished video content.
- Liaise with off-site vendors to support generation of audio mixes.
- Finishes promotional material for air, including the syncing mixes, exporting of versions for approval, and exporting of versions for digital and on-air delivery.
- Supports the OAP archive process
- Performs Q.C. on all on-air projects
- Liaise with IT/Technical Operations to ensure post production hardware and software needs are met.
- Ensures that all delivery standards are maintained.
- Ability to juggle heavy workload and keep multiple projects on track.
- Maintains familiarity with current culture video trends, social platforms and the relevance of fast and slow trends. Exhibits an innate sense of curiosity.
- Exhibits willingness to take on responsibilities outside of his/her job description and has the ability to respond to business demands in a fast-paced environment. Presents a positive and professional attitude to stakeholders and co-workers.
- Associate Editor is a great communicator and is punctual. He/she maintains an efficient workflow and process and promptly communicates any issues to management.
- Accurately documents work related information via work orders, etc. Manages assets and archives projects accordingly and understands delivery.
Work Experience Requirements
- Proven experience editing for broadcast television
- Ability to execute film marketing
- Ability to edit/produce on-air promotions using non-linear systems
- Professional acuity with the following applications:
- Adobe Creative Suite Strong sense of focus and follow through
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented and strong time management skills
- Must have excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal) to manage a wide range of marketing professionals and vendors
- Must be a dynamic team player capable of keeping multiple tasks on schedule
- Must have strong knowledge of standards and formats- domestic and international
- Knowledge of Avid, Final Cut, Premiere, Adobe Creative Suite, Compositing
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Bachelor Degree from four-year college or university (Major in Television or Film production preferred)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), time management, anticipation, teamwork,
proactive problem solving, critical and strategic thinking, leadership, innovation, strong ability to
multi-task and pivot