MSNBC is looking for an experienced Associate Producer for The ReidOut Show. This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
Live Event / On Location Services
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Feb 02, 2023
- Book wide variety of national and international newsmakers, experts and guests from various fields including politics, foreign relations, business/economy, health/medicine, entertainment, etc.
- Conduct pre-interviews, secure facilities for remote interviews and arrange transportation for guests.
- Arrange interviews for broadcasts during live, breaking news coverage
- Works with technical managers in arranging studio logistics for live and taped interviews.
- Work with segment producers to research, report and write daily segments.
- Determine video and sound for assigned segments.
- Take part in editorial planning.
- Pitch story ideas.
- Research, write and edit MSNBC’s lower-third banner chyrons, the “front page” of MSNBC’s coverage.
- Work on graphics, as needed.
- Knowledge of American politics, American history and global news.
- Strong research and reporting skills.
- 2 years of experience in some form of journalism required (i.e. cable or network news, website, newspaper).
- Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan segments.
- Ability to "book" guests, and work with graphics and video elements.
- Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
- Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
- Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
- Proficient in both tape and desktop editing.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in Washington, DC.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.