NBC News NOW is seeking an Associate Producer to join our Hallie Jackson NOW team. This position will work a 11am - 7pm shift.
We are looking for associate producers who thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing and deadline driven team environment.
Get in touch if you’re passionate about journalism and know how to edit video, write, work with graphics and want to be part of a great team.
This position is represented by the News Guild – NY CWA.
The bulk of the job:
- Help coordinate the broadcast output of NBC News Now, drawing from our original content and the best elements from around the NBC News Network.
- Editing video and graphic elements for special and live programs on a tight deadline
- Working in iNews to support shows as needed, including building rundowns, segments and writing intros to packages / other taped elements
- Editorial judgment to edit together material being fed in from around NBC’s global reach, to create smart, accurate segments
- Pitch relevant and compelling guests and stories that will resonate with our audience
- Editing in Adobe Premiere and AVID (previous knowledge of Avid a plus, but not required)
- Working with producers and correspondents to research and write scripts
- Working closely with EP, producer, correspondents, and hosts
- Finding voices that bring interesting perspectives to our network
- Comfortable producing stories from home using remote interviews and video material on hand
- Occasionally the opportunity may arise to take part in a field, or in-office shoot.
- Staying up on the news and jumping in as duty calls
You are strong in all the following ways:
- You’ve been working in digital video, broadcast or cable for at least 2 years
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- You are willing to work in New York, New York
- Experience shooting video on DSLRs is a plus, but not required
- Experience livestreaming video – even video games on twitch – is a plus, but not required
- You’ve got big ideas and want to develop the journalistic writing and research skills to bring them to life
- You get excited by both the editorial and the art of telling a good story
- You’ve got an interest in current events, U.S. politics, and pop culture
- You’ve got a knack for technology, and aren’t afraid to read the manual or Google it
- You’re comfortable editing digital video and you want to get even better at it
- When the news cycle calls you answer, even on weekends or late nights or after you’ve already put in a long day
Salary range: $65,000-$80,000.