As an associate producer for Nightly News, you will work directly with producers and senior producers to help pitch, write and produce news content for broadcast.
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Jan 19, 2022
- Assist with full scope of production including research, booking, and pre-interviewing
- Write and produce segments and live shots
- Gather visual elements and assist with editing for segment production
- Coordinate with technical and operations staff and outside resources selected by producers
- Must have at least five years of editorial experience working in production at the network or cable level, preferably with evening television
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must be proficient in Outlook and iNews
- Must be willing and able to travel and work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
- Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed
- Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice
- Shooting and desktop editing skills, and preliminary package producing skills required
Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
- DV shooting experience
- Knowledge of non-linear editing systems including Avid
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news
- and current events
- Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and
- editorial judgment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and
Day, Evening, Overnight