Cox Media Group: The Part-Time Associate Producer is responsible for assisting Producer and/or Executive Producer with daily content prep, recording, editing, and planning of daily and/or weekly content.
Jacksonville, Florida Area
Aug 26, 2022
Create and execute newscasts based on research information and goals. They collaborate with reporters on best video and stories of the day. Work with assignment desk and associate producers to find stories and ensure accurate reporting and spelling. Concise writing and accurate writing is required. Ensures the use of graphics, story selection, and pace are on target with action plans and style guidelines.
Must be available to work varied hours as needed.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Communicates with information sources and producers to prepare reports for broadcast.
- Communicates with reporters to find the best video stories of the day.
- Writes accurate and compelling teases.
- Works with assignment desk to find stories, help assign reporters and make sure information is confirmed.
- Works with executive producer and talent to execute daily broadcasts.
- Concise, accurate writing that executes research findings.
- Ensures graphics, story selection and show pace are on target with action plans and style guidelines.
- Orders graphics for newscasts
- Booths newscasts, may also need to help with live shots.
- Assists in the production of special projects and other content related to program and/or station.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We Look For
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years of broadcast experience.
- Excellent creative writing and communication skills
- Ability to recognize stories with potential and develop them into compelling broadcast content
- Highly detail oriented with the ability to execute ideas
- Comfortable working with talent, and other high-profile individuals
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with MS Outlook, Word and Excel preferred
- Must be available to work varied hours as needed
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.