The Associate Producer is responsible for assisting in gathering, writing and editing content for daily programming.
Norfolk, Virginia Area
Dec 06, 2022
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Works closely with Executive Producers and Producers to determine content needs
- Assists in the development of content for multiple platforms in AP and broadcast style
- Executes time sensitive decisions
- Writes clearly for multiple platforms
- Edits video for multiple platforms
- Posts content to station's websites
- Performs additional duties as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including grammar, storytelling abilities, and news judgement.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a face paced environment.
- Proficiency in computer based editing, Final Cut Pro and basic computer skills including MS Office.
- Detail-oriented and able to work effectively under deadlines.
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- BS/BA in journalism or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2 years experience as a TV writer or producer in related field preferred, but not required