The Production Finance Associate - Indie Film Post will help manage the post production accounting aspect of our original independent films, be a liaison between the freelance post production accounting teams and the studio, and provide studio tracking and analysis.
Greater Los Angeles Area
May 13, 2022
You will interact with teams like Corporate Finance, Post Production, Visual FX, Tax, Production, Business & Legal Affairs, and Creative to effectively financially manage the post production process.
This role is not available as a remote opportunity and will be based in our Hollywood office (3 days a week). Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check on you prior to starting with us.
- Onboard each new post production accountant to all required applications, policies and procedures.
- Track cash flows and update cost reports for all original indies in post production.
- Manage application relationships with post accounting teams.
- Coordinate the approval of funding requests.
- Coordinate payments for and collaborate with teams like music and VFX.
- Manage studio paid costs once project turns over to post production.
- Manage EFC Reconciliations between the studio and production accounting systems.
- Manage turnover calls between production accounting teams and post accounting teams.
- Manage various trackers for corporate reporting.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Treasury.
- Liaise with the internal Post and Creative teams regarding the various film deliveries to ensure payments are made in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with Labor Relations, Tax, and the post production accountants to facilitate the various audits during post production.
What we're looking for
- You must have experience in production accounting as a 1st assistant or key 2nd assistant accountant on feature films.
- It is preferable, but not necessary, that you have the ability to read and understand things like cost reports and legal contracts, and articulate issues using creative, production or financial context.
- You have strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You are able to juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time.
- You are self-motivated with a strong ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment. You are willing to tackle matters outside your area of expertise.
- You are quick-thinking and adaptable to change.
- You embrace and embody the Netflix Culture.