Intrepid Studios is looking for an Associate Technical Artist to work on our epic MMO Ashes of Creation, who is familiar with Unreal Engine and it’s many facets, and willing to grow into their role as they learn from the senior technical artists around them.
Intrepid Studios is looking for an Associate Technical Artist to work on our epic MMO Ashes of Creation, who is familiar with Unreal Engine and it’s many facets, and willing to grow into their role as they learn from the senior technical artists around them. We are looking for someone who has intermediate level experience with one or multiple aspects of the Unreal Engine, including blueprints, shaders, or particles, as well as performance profiling or optimization, who is willing to learn more and constantly improve in order to support artists, animators, and designers in creating a polished AAA game.
- Work on tools that enhance and streamline development processes
- Help to organize and optimize shader pipelines to be as streamlined and clean as possible
- Debug or create complex blueprint tools and systems within unreal engine
- Create or edit python scripts for tools outside of the engine, such as Maya, or Motionbuilder
- Help with asset cleanup and organization
- Take performance profiles and compile data to help with optimization efforts.
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Bachelor’s Degree in arts or engineering or equivalent ability or experience
- Basic understanding of techniques and technologies relating to character rigging and animation
- Experience building tools to improve animation and automate character pipelines
- Knowledge of all stages of asset creation as required by a game development pipeline
- Familiarity with Python scripting
- Ability to analyze artists’ needs and effectively develop tools to address them
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
Nice To Haves:
- Basic Knowledge of Maya or 3DS Max or Blender
- Knowledge of Houdini
Required Application Materials:
- Online portfolio
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Intrepid
What games you are currently playingThe base salary for this role is between $55,000 - $82,500, depending on skills and experience.