The University of Iowa Athletics Department seeks applications from self-motivated, results-oriented individuals with the knowledge, ability and interpersonal skills required to serve as Athletics Live Event Production Engineer – a full-time, 12-month position, salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, including full University benefits.
Live Event / On Location Services
Jun 13, 2023
The University of Iowa Athletics Department seeks applications from self-motivated, results-oriented individuals with the knowledge, ability and interpersonal skills required to serve as Athletics Live Event Production Engineer – a full-time, 12-month position, salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, including full University benefits. The University of Iowa is an NCAA Division I institution and a member of the Big Ten Conference. The Department of Athletics manages 22 varsity sports programs and operates under a “Win. Graduate. Do It Right.” philosophy.
Responsibilities: The Athletics Live Event Production Engineer will be responsible for providing live event engineering support during Big Ten Network broadcasts and in-venue live productions for all required home events. The Engineer will assist with future technology and system design. This position requires work during evenings and weekends. Must be willing to travel.
- Bachelor Degree (or international equivalent) in communications, video production, graphic arts, design, IT or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Three years of experience in live event engineering;
- Ability to:
- Operate and maintain video production equipment and highly proficient in broadcast system design, signal flow, and infrastructure;
- Produce and manage a multiple camera live streaming production crew for an athletic events;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work constructively and collaboratively in a diverse environment and with other external relations staff (e.g. marketing, athletic communications, graphics), demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and ability to build trusting relationships;
- Ability to move and load up to 50 pounds;
- A valid U.S. driving license and the ability to meet and maintain University of Iowa Driving Policy standards.
- Working knowledge of and ability to:
- Utilize basic office support software (word processing, email, presentation software and spreadsheets)
- Operate effectively within a highly regulated team environment.
- Minimum of five years experience in live event engineering with a Division 1 athletics program;
- Demonstrated experience and a working knowledge of video production utilizing professional-grade cameras and editing equipment, including an in depth understanding of video routing systems and broadcast studio production;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and stream multiple live events simultaneously;
- Three years of supervisory experience;
- Working knowledge of and ability to:
- Utilize content management programs to deliver content to social media platforms;
- Produce and edit videos, both in studio and on location, utilizing Premiere Pro editing system (or equivalent-please specify software used), and Adobe Photoshop;
- Utilize audio and video patch bays for troubleshooting and production;
- Operate professional audio boards, control room routing, replay control, video board control.
- Utilize online video sharing platforms, YouTube, Live U etc.
- Troubleshoot and solve IT and live video streaming issues;
- Instruct others in basic shooting and editing techniques.
Salary: $50,000 to commensurate
Visit our website at https://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for keyword “Engineer”. Only applications submitted at https://jobs.uiowa.edu will be accepted.
Applicants must upload a resume and cover letter and mark them as a relevant file to the submission. Applications without both a cover letter and resume or without a link to work samples, will be considered incomplete and ineligible for consideration.