We are seeking a talented Audio Conform/QC operator to join our team in Burbank. The successful candidate will be an experienced editor who has worked across a wide variety of projects and platforms.
Audio / Music / Sound
Greater Los Angeles Area
May 12, 2022
You must be able to follow creative direction and have a critical eye for quality and detail. This position will be located in Burbank, California
- Work with studio clients and Deluxe account management to meet the specifications and vision for each project.
- Maintain productive and positive working relationships with clients to encourage their return for future projects.
- Work within pre-estimated budgets and timelines.
- Evaluate audio sources for quality and configuration.
- Proven expertise in quality control for audio, including a thorough understanding of audio post production processes and how they has developed over the past 90 years.
- Audio editing, conforming, and conversion utilizing the most recent version of Pro Tools.
- Process and edit audio to repair anomalies such as pops, ticks, drop-outs, etc.
- Create audio fold-downs, down-mixes, and matrices as necessary.
- Experience meeting broadcast or other audio limiting and level specifications (CALM Act, EBU-R128, etc.)
- The ability to interpret technical terms and processes and render them comprehensible to clients and Deluxe account management is essential.
- Create audio assets that conform to client specifications and are ready for delivery.
- Provide informed, thorough information to account management and clients regarding audio and source element issues and suggest recommendations for addressing them in a timely manner.
- Create logs to effectively communicate work done to both account management and clients.
- Machine and system configuration, connection, and troubleshooting.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring
- Minimum 3-5 years of audio post production experience in a creative environment.
- BS/BA degree preferred.
- Must be proficient with Pro Tools and other editing platforms.
- Knowledge of audio post production frame rates, time code types, audio speeds, channel configurations, metering scales, and general mixing aesthetics is a must.
- Individual must possess a fundamental understanding of digital audio and video signals, standards, machines, and wiring.
- Position requires a high level of ingenuity (using the different tools at the operator’s disposal) in order to achieve the highest quality audio results.
- As all of our work is schedule and customer satisfaction driven, reliability and timeliness are very critical.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills: a high level of written, verbal, negotiation, presentation, and analytical ability is imperative
- Must have demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize and be extremely detail-oriented
- Individual will work in a fast-paced, small team environment. Individual will be dealing directly with other technical, creative and operations employees on a regular basis, but must also be able to work independently.
- Individual must know basic operation and troubleshooting for macs and PCs.
- Experience in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Experience in multimedia, software and/or creative production environment preferred.
- Strong and efficient computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, plus experience with project management, flowcharting and database software).
- Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines.