NEWSY is seeking an experienced Audio Operator for its live and taped coverage; to execute the vision of the NEWSY Editorial Producers, while contributing technical expertise and creativity.
Audio / Music / Sound
Greater Atlanta Area
What You Will Do
- Mix studio and location audio for live to air and taped production.
- Assure proper mixing technique of all audio sources.
- Assure all equipment is operating properly before every show.
- Provide mix-minus feed to location talent and program mix to in-house talent.
- Assure best possible audio quality is making air or recorded for productions. Use phase control, EQ, compression to improve audio quality when required.
- Work with Producers, Directors via show rundown to confirm all required audio sources live shows and or productions.
- Operate various audio related equipment, music player, Evertz router, and other related equipment as needed.
- Attend all pre-show and post-show meetings with Directors and Producers. Read and mark rundowns to execute show elements as needed.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot audio issues.
- Replace mic and IFB batteries.
- Other operational duties as assigned.
- Report show problems, equipment issues, and discrepancies to Director for Show Report
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree (Journalism, Communications or Business preferred) or its equivalent.
- 5+ years professional experience in live television.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must be an effective learner, with a curiosity and desire to learn and understand the entire scope of needs in the studio and control room.
- Must work well under the pressure of a live broadcast.
- Possess strong fundamental understanding of video and audio production equipment and capabilities.
- Able to make quick decisions and give accurate instructions during live broadcasts.
- Willing to work varied shifts.
- Must be able to sit for 4+ hours at time
- Must be able to stand for 4+ hours at time