Dhar Mann: We are searching for a creative and talented Director, Shooter, Editor all-in-one to help us capture fun and creative content for our newest Reaction Channel!
We have an awesome team of actors, screenwriters, casting associates, and directors. This role would require performing all of the technical filming aspects including shooting, editing, and adding fun visual overlays and animations to make the content more exciting. A big part of our success formula is being able to turn around high quality videos quickly so this position requires a multi-talented, self-motivated, and resourceful individual that can wear many hats. This position often requires working long hours including nights and weekends. Since we are a mission-led company and all of the content we create inspires people, the right candidate will find the long hours to be exciting and highly satisfying!
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME:
- Directing, shooting, and editing various footage which includes interviews and reactions from casted talent
- Editing in a creative order to create entertaining and fast-paced videos
- Directing cast and crew to be able to tell an entertaining story
- Performing all the technical aspects of filming including camera, sound, and lighting
- Turning around quick but high quality edits to ensure deadlines are met
- Using editing equipment to insert music, dialogue, visual effects and sound effects
- Adding subtitles and branding to all videos and ensuring all final files are complete and organized
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 3 years of experience shooting/editing promotional and or short-form content
- Ability to deliver high quality content in various formats, ratios, frames, etc. within a quick turnaround time
- Experience in the Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, etc.
- High level experience with After Effects and color correcting/grading with DaVinci Resolve
- Demonstrated video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment on a wide variety of projects
- Ability to learn quickly and is a team player
- Skilled in handling quick output without losing quality
WHO OVERSEES YOU:
The Director, Shooter, Editor will report directly to the Production Manager
WHO YOU OVERSEE:
Currently, the Director, Shooter, Editor has no personnel reporting directly to him or her
WHERE IT ALL GOES DOWN:
All the action takes place at our BRAND NEW studio in Burbank, CA!
WHEN THE MAGIC HAPPENS:
This is a full-time exempt employee role, the hours are somewhat flexible but will be discussed.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US:
We've kept our hiring bar really high - you will work with the best
WHEN WE’LL TALK ABOUT HOW AWESOME YOU ARE:
No formal cover letters, please. Instead include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you’d be a good fit for this particular position.
- Provide links to projects you’ve worked on
- Attach a resume
AN IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE APPLYING TO US:
All of Dhar Mann Studios' new hires will begin at the associate level, regardless of what position was applied for. This approach doesn’t affect any aspect of pay: you will still get compensated during your Discovery Period according to the position you are applying for and within the rate listed for this position. Our organization looks to hire the BEST of the best and we focus on finding candidates who are a strong cultural fit. We have a 3 month 'Discovery Period' in place that allows us to get to know each new hire better and assess their skill set. Management-level roles will be part of a different Discovery Period for each step of the ladder (but again this does not affect your pay or compensation package).